Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PhD: Make it right from the beginning!

New and young lecturers should think and plan to do PhD as early as possible. Don't wait until 10 years (like myself) after joining the university to decide or embark on PhD journey. One of the factors to be able to do PhD without much trouble and complete it on time is to make it right from the beginning. This is what I didn't do. I did only one research before doing my PhD, and it is not related to my field. No doubt, it is a good exposure. However, I should do more and in my own area of interest. When I say area of interest, it means specific area because because in accounting itself, we've FR, AIS, Auditing, Costing, Taxation, etc. Start reading literatures in our specific area of interest - perhaps,  start with 2 articles per week. In addition, makes friend with colleagues who loves research and writing. Join them in research project/s...actively and willingly take as much responsibilities as possible.

1 comment:

  1. SAYA NAK SHARE DR WAN NAZIF. SAYA UMMI JUNAIDDA HASHIM. YOUR EX STUDENT, BAC 2002-2007, HOPE MASIH BOLEH INGAT YE DR WAN NAZIF..HEHHE

    ReplyDelete